Saturday, November 7, 2009

Tony: Il Miglior Fabbro

Tony Beno Holden:  Chef, Blackbird Cafe, Brooklyn, New York

I see Tony just about every day at Blackbird where I get my coffee.  Tony and I once debated the popularity of a certain beet dressing on a hamburger.  Was it too experimental?  Did people want a plain old burger?  We mulled over the issue for a few minutes.  I don't think we ever concluded anything and promptly moved onto a conversation about Italian political corruption.

What do beet dressing and Italian politics have in common?  Nothing.  They're just the kinds of things Tony and I talk about and of course, we reminisce about some of Italy's finer points.

Ciao Tony!











1 comment:

  1. awesome picture! I really like how honest and open he looks in those, and I vote for the beet dressing, it's pretty and tasty.

    ReplyDelete